Organization: Department of Community Medicine, Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital, Puducherry
Project title: “Uncover the silence” – Raising awareness about hearing care among high-risk population, students, community and primary healthcare workers.
Outline of the event:
Activities planned for 1 week [27 February – 6 March]. 1.Screening of high-risk groups:
• Bus drivers
• Construction workers
• Screening for hearing loss in rural areas by medical students
• Health education sessions for antenatal mothers, ANM, ASHA and Anganwadi workers
• Essay and drawing competitions on “Ear and hearing care for all”
• Awareness program for teachers and students in the school campus by interactive quizzes, games, to engage students and make information more accessible.
4.Medical college level:
• Awareness rally by medical college students to educate public about hearing health.
• Poster competition based on the theme. Winning posters will be displayed in a prominent location in the college campus, to raise awareness among students and staff.
• Health educational videos played in the hospital OPD premises.
5.Primary healthcare level:
• Health education programs in Rural and Urban Health Training Centres.
Activities planned for 1 week [27 February – 6 March].
1.Screening of high-risk groups:
Submitter: Dr.Aswathy Raveendran