Org Name Original: Anwesha Kolkete
Altered Org Name: Anwesha Kolkata
Contact First: Anwesha
Project Title: World Hearing Day 2022 Celebration
Event Purpose: Awareness-raising, Hearing screening
Primary Audience: General public, Children, Adolescents, Adults
Estimated In Person Reach: Local
Audience Reached: General Public, Children and adolescents, Adults
Specific Workplace: No
Screen Newborn and Infant:
Screen Children and Adolecents: 32
Screen Older Adults:
Traditional Media Numbers:
Social Media: Facebook, Youtube, Linked In, Whatsapp and Email
Social Media Numbers: 15292
• Two decorated vehicles with support from Kolkata Police, West Bengal traveled the city. Awareness tools used were placards, pamphlets, oral demonstrations, and presentations by deaf youths.
• Sessions were held in Asutosh College, The Heritage Academy and Muralidhar Girls’ College on “Safe Listening” with 400 participants in collaboration with ENT doctors.
• Cycle rallies were held in Kolkata and West Midnapore.
• A video on Safe Listening was made and shared with 15000 school students
• Hearing screening for 32 underprivileged children of Motherhouse (Missionaries of Charity) with support
WHO Educational Materials Used: Yes
Native Written Language: Bengali
Educational Materials Available in Your Language: Yes
Did You Translate WHO Materials: Bengali
Would You Consider Assisting Us: Bengali
What Additional Materials Would Be Helpful:
Did You Have A World Hearing Day Event Last Year: Yes, and we submitted a report to the WHF/WHO
The translated material for WHD should be available by mid-January so people can effectively use the materials for their own programs.
Did You Apply for Grant:No
Photo 1 caption Listen with care
Photo 2 caption Roadshow on Safe Listening
Photo 3 caption Session on Safe Listening
All Regions: , , , , , India,