This site in support of World Hearing Day. We intend to focus both on the events and educational materials associated with the day as well as general global hearing health concerns. While providing links to the official WHO site, we can provide resources – including translations – which the official sanctioned site cannot.
The site structure is quite simple.
- Home page – you are here
- News – current activities and commentary
- Links – curated links to other sites with World Hearing Day resources or events, also links to some major hearing loss resources
- Files – files to help you implement a world hearing day project – or just to advertise the global event
- Contact – send us a quick note for advice
- Search – At the to right of each page, you will find a search box that looks at the whole site. This include terms which may be hidden in resource files
Don’t let hearing loss limit you
On World Hearing Day 2020, WHO will highlight that timely and effective intervention can ensure that people with hearing loss are able to achieve their full potential. It will draw attention to the options available in this respect.
Key messages for World Hearing Day 2020:
- At all life stages, communication and good hearing health connect us to each other, our communities, and the world.
- For those who have hearing loss, appropriate and timely interventions can facilitate access to education, employment, and communication.
- Globally, there is a lack of access to interventions to address hearing loss, such as hearing aids.
- Early intervention should be made available through the health systems