World Hearing Day is an annual global advocacy event for raising awareness regarding hearing loss and promoting ear and hearing care, and calling for action to address hearing loss and related issues. Each year, this event is celebrated on 3 March, covering a specific theme on which the World Health Organization and its partners carry out activities based on this theme.
Please follow this link for an important video message about World Hearing Day 2023 and broader hearing issues from the Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus. He announces the WHO’s Primary Ear and Hearing Care Manual, which will be released on March 3rd, 2023
This site is in support of World Hearing Day. On this site, you can register World Hearing Day event with the World Health Organization and report on your activities after March 3rd, 2023. In addition, you will find information on the events, promotional, and educational materials for World Hearing Day, including a repository of translated materials.
- Home page – you are here
- Register your event with the World Health Organization. The day is over, so move on to reporting your results. Registration is closed.
- We offer real-time Infographics about locations and plans. See multiple formats under the “Planned Events” tab above.
- Report on your Activities – this page is now closed
- User Registration and User Login – or even Reset Password – help us remember you to facilitate reporting your outcomes and make next year easier.
- News – current activities and commentary.
- Promotional materials – to help you implement a world hearing day project – or just to advertise the global event
- Contact – send us a quick note for advice.
- Search – At the top right of each page; you will find a search box that looks at the whole site. This includes terms that may be hidden in resource files
We offer digital copies of event announcements, promotional materials, and other resource materials in multiple languages.
Link to WHO WHD Site
The WHO offers an excellent overview of the planned focus for this year’s events. You will also find videos and links to the previous year’s activities.
Link to World Hearing Forum Site
The World Hearing Forum offers other resources which may be valuable to you in preparing your event. They also have educational materials and historical documents. Coming soon