To hear for life, listen with care!
On World Hearing Day 2022, WHO will focus on the importance of safe listening as a means of maintaining good hearing across the life course. In 2021, WHO launched the World Report on Hearing that highlighted the increasing number of people living with and at risk of hearing loss. It highlighted noise control as one of the seven key H.E.A.R.I.N.G. interventions and stressed the importance of mitigating exposure to loud sounds.
The World Hearing Day 2022 with the theme “To hear for life, listen with care” will focus on the importance and means of hearing loss prevention through safe listening, with the following key messages:
- It is possible to have good hearing across the life course through ear and hearing care
- Many common causes of hearing loss can be prevented, including hearing loss caused by exposure to loud sounds
- ‘Safe listening’ can mitigate the risk of hearing loss associated with recreational sound exposure
- WHO calls upon governments, industry partners and civil society to raise awareness for and implement evidence-based standards that promote safe listening
- Decision makers
- Venue managers, and owners of entertainment venues
- General public especially young adults
The World Hearing Day will mark the launch of the:
- Global standard for safe listening entertainment venues,
- mSafeListening handbook, and
- Media toolkit for journalists.
#safelistening #worldhearingday #hearingcare
All stakeholders in the field are invited to organize events and activities to raise awareness on hearing loss and widely disseminate the WHO Global standard for safe listening entertainment venues to promote its adoption and implementation. Registration for the World Hearing Day 2022 events will open in December 2021.
Watch this space for further announcements, information materials, and call for proposals for Small World Hearing Day grants.
Follow this link for informational materials including web banners, posters, and Twitter card.
Follow this link for the main WHO support page, including significant information about the previous efforts.